News Item Details
Botetourt County Launches "What's Your Bot-e-Type?" Sweepstakes with Virginia Tourism Corporation Grant
Fincastle, VA - Botetourt County announced today the launch of its “What’s Your Bot-e-Type?” Sweepstakes that will award three customizable Botetourt County prize packages during a six-week period. From May 1 through June 15, anyone can enter the sweepstakes once a day on the Botetourt County Tourism Facebook page or at www.visitbotetourt.com/sweepstakes.
At the end of 2014, the Botetourt County Office of Tourism received a $30,500 grant for the social media sweepstakes though the Virginia Tourism Corporation Marketing Leverage Program grant fund. Botetourt County partnered with Open Studios - Botetourt and Fralin & Waldron, Inc./Daleville Town Center to supply $61,000 in matching funds for the project.
“Our sweepstakes is unique in that it will allow the winners to choose their prizes so they can experience Botetourt County exactly how they want to based on their interests,” said Lisa Moorman, Tourism Manager for Botetourt County. “No matter what a visitor’s interests are, Botetourt County has something to offer them, and the sweepstakes reflects this.”
The sweepstakes will randomly draw a winner on May 15, May 29 and June 15. Winners will be able to choose from a list of Botetourt County-based prize options based on their Bot-e-type - sports, culture, flavor, adventure and history.
The list of prize options for winners to choose from includes,
· tubing, canoeing and kayaking packages from Twin River Outfitters,
· gift certificates from Muddy Squirrel for outdoors adventures,
· swag items from Flying Mouse,
· gift certificates from Heritage Family Market,
· gift certificates for Pomegranate Restaurant and Gathering Place,
· gift certificates from Attic Productions,
· three original pieces of art from Candace Monaghan Designs,
· gift certificates from Apple Barn II/Apple Barn Gallery/Cackleberry Ridge,
· gift certificates from What Oak Tea Tavern,
· gift certificates from the Greenwood Restaurant,
· a gift from Historic Fincastle, Inc. and
· a gift certificate for lodging at the Cottage on Craig
“We appreciate the support of our area businesses who have generously donated the prize options,” said Moorman. “The prize options showcase the variety of activities and offerings Botetourt County has for visitors and its residents.”
In 2014, Botetourt County launched the “What’s Your Bot-e-type?” marketing campaign to help attract new visitors to their area and to showcase all the county has to offer visitors. To discover their Bot-e-Type, visitors can take the interactive quiz on the county’s website.
For more information, visit www.visitbotetourt.com.
For more information, contact
Lisa Moorman, Tourism Manager